Thursday 4 April 2013

Random Variety Show





In this episode up-and-coming editor/videographer Scott Freund (pronounced ‘friend’) joins Groucho to talk about his growing passion for editing and filmmaking. However, they do get off on a few tangents and speak of books, vinyl records, writing, directors and storytelling.
Watch the music video that Scott edited on YouTube “DevOcean – Close My Eyes
Follow Scott on YouTubeTwitterFacebook and watch his demo on YouTube!
For the Random Segment, Charley shares some truly random moments and stories including an old time radio style version of the poem “Face Upon the Barroom Floor” by John Henry Titus (1872) performed by our producer Sir Reginald Johnson Walker V and Groucho Marx!
Plus listener feedback, including a voicemail from a future guest AND a previous guest! (Thank you for calling (619) 407-8770)

BE SURE TO LISTEN ALL THE WAY TO THE END FOR THE EASTER EGG!


Quote of the episode:
SCOTT: When I graduated high school, I got a job and I was still trying to figure out what I wanted to do.
GROUCHO: As everybody does.
SCOTT: Yeah. And I was like … You know what? I have always wanted to play drums for some reason so I’m gonna buy a set. So I bought a set put it in my room and just played. Luckily I was living in my garage too.
GROUCHO: So it worked out twice as well that way.
SCOTT: So I could play all day and no one would care.

**Mr. Marx appears courtesy of the chaotic prattle and vibrations of Mr. Miller’s larynx, and the marvelous wizardry of the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment